I want to take a moment to provide you with updates on a few items.
1. Testing Week is next week - April 7th - 11th. Please have your children get rest and eat a nutritious breakfast each morning. Historically, ILS performs very well on these assessment. Thank you for your support and guidance here at ILS.
2. APRIL 22nd (Tuesday) - Whole School Field trip to the REDBIRD Game. There is no cost to the students. We will be taking buses to the ballgame. Lunch will be provided at the game. This event is sponsored by the PTLS here at ILS and CEF. More information to come along with a permission slip. Our ILS Spirit will root on the Redbirds.
3. Security Update - things are moving right along. We look forward for the finishing touches the next few weeks, being trained on the system and then activating it. We will update you on procedures and activation date when we know. I am so pleased with this project to keep all our staff, students and parents safe.
4. PLEASE complete the survey that we recently sent out. As we look how things are going now and then planning for ILS future, it is important to get these results as you "voice."
5. MARK YOUR CALENDARS for JUNE 21st, 2014 - An EVENT to help ILS and have a lot of fun! This is an adult function/event.
6. If you are interested in being part - actually being a major player in ramping up our PTLS please let the office know. We would like a parent/guardian from each classroom to be representative for the PTLS Team for summer and next year. This is different than being the "Room Mom/Dad." Although it can be the same person,
we are looking for all of our parents to be part of something. PTLS is just really starting up and we want a representative from each classroom!
May God continue to bless you and your family. Let us know how we can serve you, Todd Baringer.
Your child’s faith in God is our number one priority. Our faculty and staff look forward to partnering with you to teach your children about Jesus and living a Christian life. Each day at Immanuel, students study the Bible, pray, and learn about Jesus. I commend you for considering a Christian school. It’s a step in the right direction for your child and your family.
All families have challenges, no matter what their makeup: traditional families, blended families, single moms/dads, grandparents, and extended family. Immanuel Lutheran School is not a "shelter", but rather an environment led by Christian adults. When your child enrolls at ILS, they become a welcome part of our school family.
I am sure you think, dream, plan, and prepare for your child’s future. Your child has unique gifts and abilities. Your child may excel in math, science, art, athletics, language, or music. It is our joy as educators to develop those strengths while also teaching them all the skills necessary for a successful future.